Birmingham Family Court Attorney
Legal issues that impact your family can be very complex matters to address. When a family law issue arises, finding resolutions that are both fair and in your family’s best interests is highly important. Speaking to an experienced family law attorney can be helpful to gain information on your legal matters, your options and the proceedings before you.
At the Amari Law Firm, we leverage 30 years of experience to provide family law guidance to clients throughout the Birmingham area. Well versed in a wide range of family law issues, and knowledgeable of the area family law courts, we are able to provide the insight and advice you need to make the most informed legal decisions during your search for resolutions.
Our Staff Handles a Wide Range of Family Law Issues
Our experienced staff offers support to families handling legal issues involving a wide range of family issues, including:
- Divorce: The dissolution of a marriage is a complicated process. We provide comprehensive divorce guidance to help you address the many legal issues involved in the end of a marriage, including the division of assets and debts, as well as matters related to children.
- Child custody: Determining a custody arrangement after a divorce or the end of a relationship can be one of the most emotional, and challenging aspects of the split. We work to help you create realistic child custody goals, and make every effort to ensure that your voice and opinion are heard on all matters relating to the upbringing of your children.
- Child support: While child support amounts are based largely on standardized formulas, it is important to understand the factors that are considered and additional matters that may impact the support arrangement. We offer detailed advice on child support guidelines and work to help you understand how support will be determined in your unique situation.
- Relocation: Following a divorce, it is very common for parents to relocate for work or to start a new life. When a parent who shares custody of their children wishes to relocate, it may be necessary to seek the court’s permission to alter the existing custody arrangement. We offer the advice you need to understand the process of filing for a relocation order or contesting a relocation order filed by your former spouse.
- Enforcement: Unfortunately, court rulings on child custody and support are not always the end of a dispute between parents. In cases involving one parent’s refusal to adhere to a judge’s ruling, further legal assistance may be needed to enforce a child custody or support order. We offer advice on the enforcement process and work to help you ensure that your spouse adheres to the child custody or support arrangement ordered by a family court judge.
Contact Our Birmingham Office to Discuss Your Family Law Issue
At the Amari Law Firm, we know that family law issues can be emotional matters. We also know how important it is to handle family law matters quickly and effectively.
To schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal needs and to learn how we can help, contact us online or call 205-655-8484 today.