Alabama DUI Penalties
DUI DWI laws in Alabama are tough and keep getting tougher
There are two big reasons why it is a good idea to have a lawyer represent you if you have been arrested for DUI in Alabama:
- The Alabama laws are strict – and the 2011 legislature made the DUI laws among the toughest in the nation.
- There are a lot of options available, but it take an attorney who studies the law to know all the options.
New penalties have raised the DUI DWI consequences in certain cases.
- If you have a BAC (blood alcohol content) of .15 or higher, the fine will automatically be doubled.
- If there was a child in the car when you were stopped, the driver’s license suspension will be longer.
- When you get a new license, it will show that you are required to drive a car that has an ignition interlock device that checks you BAC before you can start the vehicle.
At the Amari Law Firm, we represent in-state and out-of-state drivers
The best defense in an Alabama DUI case is an experienced attorney who knows the law well and will work with you to minimize the damages. We will challenge the evidence and fight for a dismissal, a lesser plea or a win at trial. Or we will seek alternative options such as deferred sentencing, a CRO (court referral order), drug rehab or community service.
Contact us for a free initial consultation.
“I was arrested by an over-zealous police officer. That same day I called John and hired him to look into the charges against me. It turns out that I was charged with the wrong crime and I was charged with a crime that did not even exist. John had my case taken care of on the first visit to court.”